» French Home «
- French is spoken in the 51 member states of the International Organization of Francophonie, including economically developing nations in Africa.
- France has the fourth largest economy in the world.
- More than 1200 French companies have subsidiaries in the USA.
- French is the only language other than English, spoken on 5 continents.
- In 2000, the US exported more to countries having French as a national language than to countries of any other language.
- French-speaking Quebec is the fifth largest trading partner of the US.
- French is one of three official working languages of the European Community, the second-largest trading block in the world.
- French is a leader in telecommunications (Minitel), aero-space (Airbus, Ariane rocket missile), technology, auto production 20% of all Ford Motor Company cars will be manufactured in Bordeaux), tourism and the garment industry.
- France ranks first in the world for Nobel Prizes in Literature, second in Peace, fourth in Chemistry, Medicine, Physics and Economics.
- Over 40% of English comes from French.
Last Updated: July 22, 2015