Grade point average (GPA) is calculated by dividing the total number of GPA points earned by the total number of GPA credits. Your GPA may range from 0.0 to 4.0.
Completion percentage is calculated by dividing the total number of earned credits by the total number of attempted credits. It can range from 0% to 100%.
Use the GPA and percent completion calculator below to do scenario planning based on your past and current progress/anticipated grades.
To estimate your semester GPA and semester percent (%) of completion:
- Enter the credit value for each of your classes and select the grades you expect to earn.
- The Semester GPA and Semester % Complete displayed will reflect estimated figures based on the credits you entered and grades you selected.
To estimate your cumulative GPA and cumulative percent (%) of completion:
- Enter the semester information as described above.
- Enter your cumulative attempted, earned and GPA credits, as well as your cumulative GPA. This information can be found on your RCTC transcript or in eServices. In eServices:
- Select Grades and Transcripts, then Academic Record.
- Locate your Career Undergrad Summary at the end of your transcript.
- Find the Att, Earn, GPA Crs and GPA as reflected in the Local row.
Example from a transcript:
The new Cumulative GPA and Cumulative % Completed displayed will reflect estimated figures based upon the credits you have already attempted and earned and what you anticipate you will earn this semester.
Note: This calculator does not consider repeated courses. Students who repeat classes should be aware that the actual GPA and completion rates may differ from the estimated figures above.