Assembly will be in the Performance Court. All candidates and graduates should arrive between 5:45 and 6:15 p.m. Use the east entrance to the UCR Regional Sports Center directly off of the north parking lot and proceed to the check-in table.
5:45 - 6:15 p.m. All graduates and candidates must report to the UCR Regional Sports Center
- Check in at the registration table in the Performance Court.
- Verify the accuracy of the information on the card you receive.
- Print your name phonetically if you have a difficult sounding name.
- Hold on to this card until you approach the stage during the ceremony.
6:25 p.m. Line-up
- Graduates and candidates will line up by program/major; there will be signs on the rows identifying programs of study.
- Line up alphabetically in the appropriate row; you will need to check with others in line to arrange yourselves accordingly.
- Important: Do not wander! When you have found your place, please remain in line and make adjustments as others need to step in.
6:50 p.m. Processional.
- The processional will be led by the stage party, followed by faculty, faculty marshals, and then graduates and candidates, with any handicapped participants first.
- Stay in rows of 2 until you reach the entrance to the Field House.
- The right line will wait here until the left line has moved around the back of the curtains and is ready to march in from the opposite side of the Field House.
- It is important to move to your seat as quickly as possible so the ceremony can begin on time.
- When reaching the chairs, turn and face the stage.
- Remain standing until after the National Anthem.
- As you face the stage, you will be going up on the left and exiting on the right.
- Remain seated until it is your row's turn to walk to the stage; please try to stand together.
- Faculty members will lead the graduates and candidates to the stage.
- As the graduate/candidate before you is walking across the stage, hand your card to the announcer - proceed across the stage as your name is read.
- You will receive your diploma cover from the vice president; take it in your left hand and shake hands with Interim President O'Kane with your right. Your picture will be taken as you are shaking hands.
- When returning to your seats, remain standing until everyone in your row has received their diploma case and returned to their seat.
- When all candidates have been acknowledged and are presented to the audience, you may move your tassel from the right to the left side of your cap.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, the faculty marshals will escort you out.
- Remain in the recessional until everyone has exited.
- You will not be a part of the processional.
- Check in at the registration table, then go directly to the Field House and join the band.
- When the time comes for you to receive your diploma, please step in line at the appropriate place according to your program of study.
- The UCR Regional Sports Center is handicapped-accessible; however, if you have special needs, please contact the Admissions and Records Office by May 1, so that specific accommodations may be arranged
- All participants are required to stay for the entire ceremony (approximately 2 hours in length)
- Please help maintain the dignity of this special event by demonstrating appropriate, respectful behavior throughout the proceedings.
- There are no security services for coats, purses or other personal items. RCTC is not responsible for any personal items left in the assembly area.
- Please remember to bring pins, hair pins and other such items you may need for securing caps and collars.
- Audience seating will cease at 6:50 p.m. right before the ceremony begins, and resume following the processional.
- Be sure all cell phones and pagers are turned off or to silent mode prior to the start of the processional.
- This is YOUR moment - enjoy!
On behalf on the entire college community, CONGRATULATIONS!
CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION
Graduation Regalia will be distributed from in the following locations:
Atrium: April 21 to May 15, Monday-Thursday, 11:00am-1:00pm and Friday 11:00am-12:00pm
Evening students in the Atrium: Finals week, Tuesday-Wednesday, 5:00pm-6:00pm.
Heinz Center Commons: April 24, May 1 and May 8, 10:00am-12:00pm.
Two easy steps:
Please note that you MUST have your coupon in order to purchase for your cap and gown at the Cashier's Office. You will receive your coupon in your grad packet which will be mailed out by the second week in April.
Honors Tassels: 3.5 overall GPA after Fall 2013.
Gown Size Information*:
B - 5’-5’3"
C - 5’4"-5’6"
D - 5’7"-5’9"
E - 5'10"-6’
F - 6’1"-6’3"
G - 6’4"+
[*PLUS SIZE ORDERS - must be submitted with your paid receipt by May 2. Closer to graduation, we have limited number of smaller sizes.
If you have any questions, you may contact the RCTC Admissions and Records Office at (507) 285-7268.