Registering for courses as a visiting student is an easy way to enroll in courses that will help you accomplish your educational goal. If you do not intend to seek a degree, diploma or certificate, RCTC allows you to register as a visiting student.
Expect Convenience. Four simple steps to become a student.
1. Register for your classes - Create a MnSCU account and register online for your classes through our eServices.
Contact the Admissions & Records Office for assistance with registration.
Prerequisites: Registration in many courses may require a Visiting Student to demonstrate they met the defined course prerequisites. This includes submission of unofficial copies of college transcripts, ACT Scores, and/or completing the RCTC New Student Assessment Test. If your courses require you to show that you have met a certain prerequisite please complete the Prerequisite Evaluation for Visiting Student form, and submit this to the Admissions and Records Office. *If you don't have the ability to demonstrate the proof that you have met required prerequisites for the course please contact the Proctoring Center to make testing arrangements.
2. Pay your tuition- Due May 9, 2014 for Summer 2014 and August 8, 2014 for Fall 2014. If registration is done after that date it will be due 24 hours after you register. Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid unless the student demonstrates the coursework is needed for pre-requisites at a different institution. Contact our financial office regarding eligibility.
3. Purchase your books- Web purchasing is available at the RCTC Bookstore.
4. Set Up technology access, including email- 24 hours after registering for classes. E-mail is the primary means by which the college communicates with students. Go to http://www.rctc.edu/technology/ or contact our Technology Support Center.
1. Manage your registration. Use eServices to review, as well as add and drop course(s) for which have registered. You can login to eServices using your Stinger ID.
2. Follow the Academic Calendar. The student schedule includes breaks throughout the year. Discover the semester schedule here.
3. Know how to find academic support. It’s normal to need support to be successful. RCTC has many great resources to help you:
- Find help for tutoring. RCTC’s students get tutoring support from the University Center Rochester Learning Center – Find hours and information here.
- Find support for disabilities. RCTC has many resources for students with documented disabilities. Learn more here.
- Find help from instructors. You’re encourage to work with your Instructor(s) if you need clarification regarding assignments or to talk about your academic progress – Find your faculty contact info and schedule here
- Advising. RCTC’s Academic Advisors are assigned to degree-seeking students. If you need assistance from an Academic Advisor, please contact the Counseling Center at 507-285-7260.
4. GPS LifePlan. RCTC encourages students to create a comprehensive plan for their life during their education. Explore how to create goals and be successful with GPS here.5. Academic Transcripts. Need a copy of your academic record after the semester ends? RCTC students can get unofficial copies of their academic record in eServices or pay to send a copy through the National Clearinghouse. Discover how to access copies of your record here.