A person who has neither a high school diploma nor a GED certificate
may be admitted if that person demonstrates potential for collegiate
success. Such applicants will be considered for admission to Rochester
Community and Technical College by following these procedures:
- Submit a completed application for admission with a current high school transcript.
- Submit a written recommendation from your high school counselor.
- Complete the new student assessment
(placement test). The assessment test may be scheduled by calling our Welcome Center at 507-285-7557.
- Obtain the recommendation of the Counseling Office of the college.
The applicant is requested to contact
the Counseling Office to arrange for an admission review appointment.
- Submit to the College Registrar (in the admissions office) a personal
statement of your goals regarding your education along with the counselor's
letter of recommendation and assessment results.
The Registrar, in consultation with other appropriate Rochester Community
and Technical College staff, will make the admittance determination.
The decision can be appealed via the Rochester Community and Technical
College appeal process.
Students with conditional admission status may not qualify for financial
aid, or may be required to demonstrate an ''ability to benefit"
from college curriculum. Contact
the Financial Aid office to discuss options.
Updated: November 16, 2011