Phone: (507) 281-7773
Fax: (507) 285-7241
Debbie Knaup - Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Procedures
- Invoices are generally received through the mail
- If the invoice has a purchase order number then:
- The invoice is sent to the person who requested the goods or services for payment approval*
- Before approving payment, make sure the invoice has the correct pricing and shipping costs, and that no tax has been charged (the college is tax exempt). If everything is correct, sign and date the box indicating you are approving payment and fill in the box requesting the date the merchandise was received.
- Once the approval is signed and sent back, payment can be made. All payments are processed on campus. If a payment is from a local cost center, the checks are mailed from RCTC. If the payment is made from a state cost center, the checks are mailed from St. Paul.
- If the invoice does not have a purchase order number then:
- A copy of the invoice is sent to whomever ordered the goods or services, requesting a purchase order number and they must fill out a Minnesota Statutes 16A.15-3 letter explaining why they do not have a purchase order number.
*Approval should be sent back to Debbie Knaup within 2 working days, otherwise contact her at (507) 281-7773 or e-mail her at email@example.com with a reason why approval has not been granted.
Last Updated: August 28, 2013