» Continuous Improvement Home «
Preparing for the HLC Visit
Possible Questions the HLC Team May Ask:
- What do you know about accreditation?
- What do you know about the Higher Learning Commission?
- Have you seen or read the RCTC Assurance Argument?
- How would you describe RCTC’s mission?
Do you know where you would find the official statement?
Learn More about our Mission and Statement of Goals
- How does your department contribute to RCTC’s mission?
- How do you contribute to RCTC’s mission?
- What are RCTC’s current strategic planning priorities?
Learn more about the Strategic Vision for RCTC.
- What are RCTC’s greatest strengths? Weaknesses?
- What makes RCTC unique in Minnesota and among higher education universities in general?
- How would you describe the campus climate for diversity?
Learn more about institutional diversity on campus.
- What is it like to work at RCTC? How is morale on campus?
- What are the biggest challenges facing RCTC?
How about challenges specific to your department or unit?
- Do you think that academics are the top priority at RCTC? Why or why not?
- Describe any campus processes that could be improved or made more efficient.
- What kind of changes are taking place at RCTC? Do you see these as positive or not?
MSU Mankato Example: http://www.mnsu.edu/hlc/HLC-Preparation.html