» Continuous Improvement Home «
AQIP / Higher Learning Commission Archives
RCTC has three current action projects:
- Assessment of Student Learning: Closing the Loop,
- Master Academic Plan,
- Strategic Enrollment Management.
Read more about these projects in the AQIP Action Project Directory.
AQIP Action Plan Annual Updates and Reviews
- Strengthening the Capability of the Workforce AQIP Annual Update 10-1-13
- Intrusive Advising AQIP Annual Update 10-1-13
- FYEX AQIP Annual Update 10-1-13
AQIP-Baldrige Pilot Documents (alternate Systems Portfolio submission)
AQIP Action Plan Annual Updates and Reviews
- Strengthening the Capability of the Workforce AQIP Annual Update 9-18-12
- Intrusive Advising AQIP Annual Update 9-20-12
- FYEX - AQIP Annual Update 9-27-12
- AQIP Review 2012 - Strengthening the Capability of the Workforce
- AQIP Review 2012 - Intrusive Advising
- AQIP Review 2012 - First Year Experience (FYEX)
- 2008 AQIP Quality Visit Feedback Report
- Service Attributes
- Service Attribute Staff Development Day Breakout Summaries
- 2008 AQIP Quality Progress Report
- 2008 Banterings – AQIP Edition
AQIP Systems Portfolio:
- Entire Portfolio
- Portfolio Sections:
- AQIP Cover
- Table of Contents
- Figure References
- Glossary of Terms
- Category 0: Organizational Overview
- Category 1: Helping Students Learn
- Category 2: Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives
- Category 3: Students and Stakeholders Needs
- Category 4: Valuing People
- Category 5: Leading and Communication
- Category 6: Supporting Institutional Operations
- Category 7: Measuring
- Category 8: Planning for CI
- Category 9: Building Collaborative Relationships
Retired AQIP Action Projects
2014-2015: Creating a Future-Focused and Data-Informed Academic Review Process
This project focused on implementing an applicable academic review process for career/technical and general education programs. The key goals were to increase faculty engagement, integrate assessment of student learning, and advance student outcomes through continually improving program offerings.
2013-2014: Building Culture and Capacity for Informed Practice
The College began a long-term evolution toward greater use of data-informed decision making. The project goals were to use applied research for longitudinal analyses of developmental education, to actively involve faculty and staff in designing research studies, and to train faculty and staff how to use data to better understand student success issues.
2011-2015: Intrusive Advising
The College developed an advising model that aligned with college values, standards of excellence and policies; serves and engaged students in academic and life planning; promoted awareness and use of available resources; and supported purposeful and planned interventions by applying a systematic framework.
2010-2013: First Year College Experience (FYEX)
The College developed, piloted, and fully implemented a First-Year Experience course (FYEX) for incoming students.
2010-2014: Strengthening the Capability of the Workforce
This project reinforced the achievement of action plans through a focus on strengthening the capacity of the workforce.
2009: Assessment of Institutional Effectiveness
This project focused on the creation of an accountability framework providing a systematic approach to measure institutional effectiveness. Activities included the identification of college Indicators that cascaded throughout the college assisting departments to align their indicators with college indicators and goals. Identifying competitive and comparative data and best practices was another focal point of the project. Another major project was to link of data systems and sources via a common portal enhancing access and reliability to data and information. This supported college leadership and staff in planning and decision-making.
2008-2011: Better Serving Stakeholders
The College focused on improving stakeholder satisfaction through more effective management of the student life-cycle process, from application to graduation.
2003-2010: Assessment of Student Learning
This project created a learning organization grounded on a comprehensive assessment process fostering a culture that values innovation and continuous improvement. Additionally, this project established a systematic approach to measure student learning. Measuring the outcomes of teaching and learning-centered processes is key in the determination of institutional accountability and institutional effectiveness.
2003-2010: Human Resources Planning
The College created a comprehensive human resources plan that aligned with the college's strategic directions, rectifying concerns raised by The Higher Learning Commission and Minnesota Council for Quality (MCQ). The Higher Learning Commission also cited the aging of the RCTC staff and its diversity as issues to address.
AQIP - www.hlcommission.org
Higher Learning Commission - www.ncahlc.org