3-Wheel Experienced Rider Course
3-Wheel Experienced Rider Course Fee: $125.00
This course is designed for riders with three-wheeled riding experience who want to further hone riding skills.
- Defensive Diring
- Roadway management
- Street strategies
Advanced Riding Exercises
- Evasive maneuvers
- Handling characteristics unique to three-wheelers
- Maximum braking
This course does not meet training requirements for the state skill test waiver or for those less than age 18. Students cannot earn a three-wheel restriction or endorsement through this course.
- Riders must be proficient in basic motorcycle skills.
- Participants ride their own trike or motorcycle with sidecar.
- Motorcycles must be street legal, licensed, insured and comply with the equipment requirements outlined in the Minnesota Motorcycle Manual.
- Riders must show proof of insurance to the instructor and hold a valid driver’s license with either: a motorcycle endorsement, a valid motorcycle permit, or a three wheel restriction.
- Riders and passengers must wear protective clothing (eye protection, motorcycle jacket, heavy pants, full-fingered gloves and over-the-ankle footwear).
- Rain gear is highly advisable.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Participants under 18 must have their parents sign a waiver form prior to instruction.