3-Wheel Experienced Rider Course Fee: $125.00
This course is designed for riders with three-wheeled riding experience who want to further hone riding skills.
- Defensive Diring
- Roadway management
- Street strategies
Advanced Riding Exercises
- Evasive maneuvers
- Handling characteristics unique to three-wheelers
- Maximum braking
This course does not meet training requirements for the state skill test waiver or for those less than age 18. Students cannot earn a three-wheel restriction or endorsement through this course.
- Riders must be proficient in basic motorcycle skills.
- Participants ride their own trike or motorcycle with sidecar.
- Motorcycles must be street legal, licensed, insured and comply with the equipment requirements outlined in the Minnesota Motorcycle Manual.
- Riders must show proof of insurance to the instructor and hold a valid driver’s license with either: a motorcycle endorsement, a valid motorcycle permit, or a three wheel restriction.
- Riders and passengers must wear protective clothing (eye protection, motorcycle jacket, heavy pants, full-fingered gloves and over-the-ankle footwear).
- Rain gear is highly advisable.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Participants under 18 must have their parents sign a waiver form prior to instruction.
NOTE: You will need the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader software to access the motorcycle Schedule of Classes and registration form. You can download and install Acrobat Reader from Adobe's web site by clicking on the Adobe Reader icon.