Counseling and Career Services
Welcome to the RCTC Counseling Services Web Site
The Counselors care about you! Please make an appointment to see a Counselor. Please call 507-285-7260 and ask to schedule a Counseling Appointment.
In the mean time, here are some helpful resources.
Presented by Mayo School of Health Sciences and Mayo Human Resources, in collaboration with RCTC Counseling.
More about our Counseling Staff
Rochester Community and Technical College is staffed with two professionally trained full time counselors:
- Gregory Wright (Licensed Psychologist., Credentialed College Counselor)
The counseling staff is committed to student advocacy and to making the learning experience at RCTC a positive one. All issues discussed with a counselor are treated confidentially and with respect for your privacy.
We offer a broad range of services to help students achieve their educational goals, including:
- Academic Advising
- Career counseling
- Personal counseling
- Crisis Intervention, A Handbook on Assisting Students in Crisis
- Academic planning to meet your educational goals
- Intervention for students on academic suspension appeal or probation
- Transfer to other colleges
- Choosing a major
- Interest assessments
- Referrals to community resources
- Non-credit seminars
Other Important Resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Hot Line 800-273-8255
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Mental Health: Get the Facts About Mental Health
- Improving Emotional Health
- College Mental Health Resource/Survey
- Career Center
- Sigi3, A Computerized Career Information Program
- Counseling Staff
- Internet Resources
- Transfer from RCTC
- Depression, Anxiety, Alcohol Screening
- Placement Testing
- GPS LifePlan Stress Management Resources
For more information, view the Counseling Center Appointments and Hours page or call (507) 285-7260. We look forward to assisting you.