» Financial Aid «

Disbursement of Aid

briefcase Financial Aid disbursement for the term begins after the drop/add period has ended. After the initial disbursement date, RCTC continues the process, on a weekly basis, making disbursements to students who recently completed their files and were recently awarded Financial Aid.  

Financial Aid funds are first applied toward the student's outstanding balance.  If Financial Aid funds remain after tuition, fees and all outstanding charges are paid, the remaining balance (often referred to as an "excess balance" or 'change check') will be released to the student.

RCTC has contracted with a company called "HigherOne" to assist with the release of excess balance/change checks. . After a student's first registration at RCTC, the student will receive a "Yellowjacket Card" by mail from "HigherOne". Students are required to sign into the website, www.YellowjacketCard.com, to designate HOW they want their funds released to them. Students can choose to have funding sent by direct deposit to their own bank account (funds available in 3-4 business days), by direct deposit to a "OneAccount" (funds available the next business day) or by paper check via mail (funds available in 6-8 business days). Students should look for their Yellowjacket card to arrive by mail in a GREEN ENVELOPE. Learn More. To avoid delays in receiving your funding, please declare your disbursement preference as soon as possible after receiving your card.

During completion of your Financial Aid file, you have the opportunity to give the College permission to apply your Financial Aid funds toward any unpaid balance you may have.  These items may include, but are not limited to, tuition, fees, textbook charges, library fines, parking tickets, returned check charges, etc.

Students who receive their award notification after the initial disbursement date for the term can expect their funds to be prepared for disbursement within one to two weeks.

Monitor Your Payroll Information

Student Employees can view pay stub information, print W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, and Form 1098-T Tuition Statement from the eServices Site under Student Employment.


About RCTCAcademicsAdmissionsAthleticsServicesStudent Life