Student Employment (Work Study) Awards are a form of "self-help" aid. Under these programs, the student obtains a work study position, either on- or off-campus and then works to earn their award. Student employment funds earned do NOT have to be repaid; however, the student must work to earn the award. If the student does not earn his/her full award amount for the academic year, the remaining award amount is forfeited.
To apply for Work Study, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and indicate an interest in work study funding. Funding for student employment programs at RCTC is limited, so apply early!
Wage Rate: $8.25/hour. A $.50/hr shift differential is paid for all hours worked after 7:00 pm and on weekends. Beginning July 2, 2014, RCTC will no longer offer shift differential to student employees working after 7:00 pm and/or on weekends. This applies to current as well as new student employees.
Pay Raises: $ .50/hour after completion of 200 hours. An employment evaluation must be completed by your Student Employment Supervisor.
Time sheets Due: Every other Wednesday, by 4:30 p.m.
Pay Dates: See Disbursement Dates.
How do I accept my Work Study Award?
You must have an award letter which lists "Federal Work Study" or "Minnesota Work Study" to obtain a position. If you have not been awarded work study, please use the Communication Form to request that your name be added to the work study waiting list.
If you have been awarded Work Study funding, follow these steps to accept your award and begin your work assignment:
- Print the appropriate payroll forms as shown below.
|IF YOU ARE A:||PRINT THESE FORMS:|
|New Work Study Student:||
|Returning Work Study Student:||Returning - Packet||Right to Know Training|
|International F1 Student||Work Packet|
|Tutor:||I-9 Employment Form|
Optional Emergency Contact
|Student Employee Personal and Emergency Information Form|
|FY15 Pay Calendar||Pay Calendar|
|HigherOne-Yellowjacket Card||Direct Deposit Info|
- All available jobs on campus can be viewed and applied for online via the website: Student Employment @ RCTC.
- When you find a job(s) that interests you, contact the supervisor to inquire about the job duties. Apply for the position you choose directly with the supervisor listed. Some supervisors will ask that you interview for the position.
- When you have been offered employment, you must meet with your supervisor to determine your work
schedule and complete all payroll forms. Bring two forms of identification with you, such as a Driver's License and Social
Security Card, when you meet with your supervisor so the payroll forms can be completed
- Activate your Yellowjacket Card for work study direct deposit.
- Bring your completed payroll forms to the Financial Aid Office, where we will review your paperwork and give you final authorization to begin working.
- DO NOT begin working until you have received final authorization
from the Financial Aid Office via access to the electronic time clock.
Unauthorized hours worked will not be paid.
- For DETAILED INFORMATION about student employment, see the
Student Employment Handbook.
For questions or concerns regarding your work study award or your job assignment, please contact Cheryl Morgan. Cheryl can be reached by calling (507) 280-2953 or by email at email@example.com.