» Foundation «
The information below lists scholarships that are not awarded through the RCTC Foundation.
- MSCSA Leadership Scholarship or McCormick Leadership Scholarship
- Minnesota Soldier Scholarship
- Rochester Civil War Roundtable (RCWRT)/Scott Hosier History Scholarship Award
There are also other sources for a private scholarship search.
- Your high school, if you are graduating this year
- You or your parents' places of employment
- Local businesses and civic organizations
- College Board's Scholarship: www.collegeboard.com/pay
- FastWeb Scholarship Search: www.fastweb.com
- Student Scholarships: www.studentscholarships.org
- Be a current student at one of the 32 Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (students attending private colleges or the University of Minnesota system are not eligible); and have a cumulative grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
MSCSA Leadership Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who
strong leadership skills and a commitment to serving others. Graduate and PSEO students are not eligible for the MSCSA Leadership Scholarship.
McCormick Leadership Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate or graduate
demonstrate leadership in academics, extracurricular activities and community service. PSEO students are not eligible for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship
- Applicants must submit:
- A copy of your school transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
- Two letters of recommendation from community, campus, or organization leaders who can discuss your leadership skills (at least one letter should be from a peer)
- A résumé detailing specific leadership roles you’ve held
- Your typed responses to the following essay questions, which should be between 300 and 750 words in length each:
- What leadership skills do you have and how have you used them in your education, community and employment?
- What does leadership mean to you?
- What are your educational and career goals?
- How would this scholarship help you to continue to grow as a leader now, and in the future?
The Ladies Auxiliary VFW, Department of Minnesota, is pleased to offer a one-time scholarship to eligible veterans or active military to provide incentive and aid to Minnesota Soldiers wanting to further education and needing assistance.
- The applicant must be a Minnesota resident as well as a Veteran, who honorably served, or soldier, with active duty awarded a campaign or service ribbon, as verified with proper documentation.
- Scholarship awards will be sent to the school of your choice and may be used for tuition, books, lab and/or similar fees for college, vocation, or online courses. Awards must be used for the current year.
- Applicants must submit:
- Signed application, proof of eligibility, essay, and/or other information must be sent together to the Ladies Auxiliary VFW, Department of Minnesota, Veterans Service Building, 20 West 12th Street, Floor 3, St. Paul, MN 55155-2002.
- Previous recipients of the Minnesota Scholarship may not apply.
- On a separate sheet of paper, please answer each of the questions below:
- What are your financial reasons for applying for this scholarship?
- Have you been awarded financial aid from any other sources? Please specify.
- A brief essay (no more than 300 words) describing your commitment to your goals and how this scholarship will help you attain these goals.
Rochester Civil War Roundtable (RCWRT)/Scott Hosier History Scholarship
The Rochester Civil War Roundtable (RCWRT) and the Scott Hosier Memorial Foundation are making available their annual $750 scholarship to one scholar with an interest in history.
- Applicant must be:
- High school senior at a
Minnesota High School
- Home Schooled Students
living in Minnesota
- OR -
- Full or Part-time student at RCTC enrolled in at least one history course or can demonstrate a proven history track
- Application must include: A narrative (no longer than 2 pages) demonstrating the applicant's enthusiasm for history and plans for continuing his/her interest in history
- Two letters of recommendation
- Relevant courses and experiences
- Application deadline: March 31, 2014
- For application packets, high school students can contact their high school counselor or go online at www.rochestercivilwarroundtable.com/scholarship.html