Who is eligible?
- Full-time Unlimited Faculty
- Part-time/Part-Time Unlimited/Full-Time Temporary Faculty
- Faculty on Sabbatical
What is covered?
- Conferences, workshops, seminars and classes directly related to your assigned field or current teaching assignments.
- Books, videos, journals, and membership to professional organizations directly related to your assigned field or current teaching assignments.
How much funding is available?
- The amount varies each year and depends on the amount that is available in the account and the award amount that is set by the Professional Development Committee at the start of the fall semester.
How much may I receive?
- The amount that you receive will be based on your eligibility and how much funding is available. Faculty must be employed with RCTC during the period of the requested activity. Faculty will not be allocated funds from future years.
How do I apply for funds?
- Complete the Travel/Professional Development application. (The form is on the J drive under forms/HR).
- Get appropriate approvals and signatures.
- Submit the completed form to the Professional Development Committee.
What happens after I submit my application?
- You will be notified by e-mail when your application has been received by the Professional Development Committee.
- The Professional Development Committee reviews the applications.
- The faculty member is notified of the committee’s decision and is sent a .pdf copy of his/her signed application.
How do I get reimbursed for my expenses?
- Complete the SEMA4 Employee Expense Report (http://www.mmb.state.mn.us) within two weeks of the activity for timely reimbursement, and send it to the RCTC Business Office.
- For questions on completing this form, contact the RCTC Business Office. (Help on filling-out the form is on the J drive under Business Office, AA RCTC SEMA4 Employee Expense Report Instructions).
If my request was not approved, can I re-submit it?
- Yes, you can re-submit your application. Include additional information that is pertinent.
What if I cancel my plans for which funding has been approved?
- Send written notification to the Committee Chairperson no later than two weeks after the activity. This will enable the Faculty Development Committee to reallocate those unused funds.
- If no expense form or notice of cancellation is received by the Faculty Development Chair or designee then it will be assumed that the faculty member spent all of his/her request.
When does the Professional Development Committee review applications?
- During the fall and spring semesters, the committee reviews applications at the beginning of each month.
- Applications should be submitted by the end of the month in order to be reviewed at the beginning of the following month.
Can I apply over the holiday break?
- Applications received in December and over the holiday break will be reviewed by the Professional Development Committee in early February.
Can I apply over the summer?
- Yes. However, faculty must be employed with RCTC during the period of the requested activity.
Can I apply for Professional Development funds for an activity that is in the next fiscal year?
- Yes, you can. The funds will be taken out of the fiscal year in which the activity takes place.
What if my activity starts in one fiscal year and ends in the next fiscal year?
- The funds will be taken out of the fiscal year in which the preponderance of days the activity takes place in.