» Learning Center Home «
Writing Area - Student Tips
- Concentrate on large-scale issues
- Refine your focus if necessary
- Reassess your reason for writing and your process
- Check the distribution and balance of your ideas
- Judge whether you've met your commitments
- Assess how well your paper works for its intended purposes
- Analyze the effectiveness of your organization
- Fill in any gaps in information.
- Check spelling, grammar, and usage
- Eliminate inconsistencies
- Get the punctuation right
- Double-check spelling
- Eliminate typographical errors
- Check the format of your paper.
- Sharpen your language
- Check your word choice
- Lop out wordiness
- Test your transitions
- Polish your opening and closing
- Use a style checker if available
the format of your paper.