» Policies «
here for a PDF copy of this policy.
(RCTC Policy 3.15.1)
Part 1. Definition: Advanced Standing
for the Intensive Care Paramedic Program is intended for working paramedics
who have current licensure. Students seeking advanced standing status
must apply to both the College and also for Advanced Standing in the
Intensive Care Paramedic Program. Up to 31 credits may be waived if
the student provides acceptable current paramedic licensure. At least
20 credits of the 64 (or of the remaining 34) must be taken through
RCTC to meet current residency requirements.
Credits will be awarded the student and noted on the transcript when application for graduation from the program has been submitted. The waived credits are applicable to the Intensive Care Paramedic Program only. The University of Minnesota will accept the waived credits as part of the BEHS program when a student is accepted into that program. There will be no charge to qualifying students for waiving these credits.
Part 2. Procedures:
1. Student applies to the Rochester Community and Technical College
2. Student applies for ICP Advanced Standing
3. Approval status by Program Leader
Forward recommendation to Dean
Forward recommendation from the Dean to Admissions and Records
4. Accelerated Program Status approval held in student file until application for graduation from the program.
5. Student applies for graduation
6. Advanced Standing (up to 31 credits) awarded the student – noted on transcript at this time. No grades are recorded for these credits. No fees involved.
This program articulates with a BEHS degree from the University of Minnesota who will accept RCTC’s A.S. degree with this 31 credit package from outside of RCTC. However, students must realize that these 31 credits will not transfer into most other programs at the baccalaureate level.
Date of Implementation: 5/6/99
Date of Adoption: 5/6/99