Click here for
a PDF copy of this policy.
(RCTC Policy 3.4.1)
Part 1. Policy Statement: Rochester Community and Technical College requires immunization verification for students as defined by Minnesota Law (M.S. 134A.14).
Part 2. Rationale or Purpose: Minnesota Law M.S. 135A. 14 requires proof that all students born after 1956 are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specific exemptions (see verification form.) This policy applies to all students attending Rochester Community and Technical College.
Part 3. Scope: This policy applies to all students attending Rochester Community and Technical College
Part 4. Definition:
Tetanus/diphtheria (Td) (at least one dose required within past 10 years.)
Measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) (at least one dose required at or after 12 months of age.)
Part 5. Procedures:
- Immunization Verification Forms are distributed through admission packets to all non-exempt students.
- Students are allowed to register for their initial term without complete immunization information on file. If complete information is not on file after the initial enrollment term, a hold is placed on the student’s file.
- Registration for more than one class following term(s) is not allowed with this hold in place.
- The hold is removed when completed information is on file in the Student Health Services Office.
- Immunization records are kept for one year from the date they are received. Electronic copies of the Immunization Verification are created.
- Students are encouraged to keep a copy of their immunization information for their own records.
Part 6. Forms:
Date of Implementation: Summer, 2001
Date of Adoption: June 7, 1997
Revisions Adopted: March 27, 2001; APRIL 23, 2013
Responsible Division: Academic affairs
Last Updated: August 28, 2013