here for a PDF copy of this policy.
(RCTC Policy 184.108.40.206)
Part 1. Philosophy: This policy addresses the posting of notes, signs, flyers and posters, etc. in and out of the buildings and throughout the grounds of the University Center Rochester. The intent of this policy is to provide students, faculty, staff, and the community with an opportunity and space to advertise events and services at designated locations throughout the campus, while maintaining an acceptable physical environment.
It is expected that all materials posted in designated areas will be reasonably neat and attractive in the interest of the advertiser and the University Center Rochester. Offensive, obscene, inflammatory advertising, etc. will not be permitted.
Part 2. Posting Regulations
1. All bulletin boards will be labeled.
2. The brown bulletin boards are strictly for the use of the faculty. These are located outside almost every faculty office or office area.
3. The black bulletin boards for general usage are located
The black bulletin boards labeled “General’ are specified for information concerning housing, roommates, and for-sale items. Anyone wishing to post notices on these boards must have the permission of the College Center staff.
4. The mauve fabric bulletin boards are to be used for posting of UCR course offerings and student activities.
5. Do not post on tech wall, vending Pepsi machines or on railings and columns in atrium.
6. Materials may be posted anywhere in the tunnel and the North & South rooms of the College Center (excluding areas that have wallpaper).
7. Materials may not be posted other than at the above designated locations.
8. Only temporary directional signs are to be posted in the first floor Atrium or the entrances to UCR.
9. Use only masking tape. Please do not use scotch tape.
10. All materials must contain the last date of the posting in the lower right corner, after which time they will be removed. Materials with no posting date will be removed immediately.
Date of Implementation: Immediate
Date of Adoption: 11/25/03
Last Updated: August 28, 2013