» Policies «
here for a PDF copy of this policy.
(RCTC Policy 126.96.36.199)
Part 1. Philosophy: This policy addresses the posting of notes, signs, flyers and posters, etc. in and out of the buildings and throughout the grounds of Rochester Community and Technical College. The intent of this policy is to provide students, faculty, staff, and the community with an opportunity and space to publicize events and services at designated locations throughout the campus, while maintaining an acceptable physical environment.
It is expected that all materials posted in designated areas will be reasonably neat and attractive in the interest of the advertiser and Rochester Community and Technical College. Offensive, obscene, inflammatory advertising, etc. will not be permitted.
Part 2. Posting Regulations
- All temporary and permanent postings must be on designated bulletin boards or other approved locations authorized by RCTC College Relations.
- All bulletin boards will be clearly labeled designating their intended uses: Faculty/Departmental, Activities, Academics/Courses, and Community.
- All materials, regardless of internal or external owners, must contain authorization with stamp and date. Postings will be approved by Student Life or Welcome Center staff. Postings without authorization will be removed immediately. Materials can only be posted for a period of three weeks or until the event has concluded—whichever comes first.
- Use only masking tape or push pins. Please do not use scotch tape or staples.
- Items may never be posted on video displays, tech wall, vending machines or on railings and columns in Atrium.
- Postings must follow established posting guidelines from the Department of College Relations and Marketing.
Date of Implementation: Immediate
Date of Adoption: 11/25/03
Date of Revision: 11/30/16