Click here for
a PDF copy of this policy.
(RCTC Policy 4.8.1)
Rochester Community and Technical College may confer emeritus status upon a faculty or staff member who is retiring from RCTC, and shall be done in accordance with the policy and procedures developed by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Part 1. Eligibility:
The faculty or staff member must have 10-years of full-time or equivalent services, which may be fulfilled by noncontiguous periods of employment at Rochester Community and Technical College. The retired faculty or staff member should be one who will continue to lead an active intellectual life, connect with the Rochester Community and Technical College community, and otherwise support the ongoing mission of the College.
Part 2. Privileges:
Emeritus status, awarded upon completion of an application and verification of qualifications, shall have privileges that include:
1. Being issued an emeritus ID card and parking permit;
2. Having usage of the library;
3. Receiving college publications, theatre mailings, etc..;
4. Participating in Awards, Recognitions, and Retirement Receptions and commencement exercises;;
5. Receiving lifelong season membership to Rochester Community and Technical College Theatre, athletic events and other cultural and social events that are sponsored by RCTC;
6. Sharing an Emeritus office.
Date of Implementation: Immediate
Date of Adoption: 9/26/06
Last Date Updated: 10/26/2010; 5/18/2011
Last Updated: August 28, 2013