» Administrative Clinic Assistant Program «
Administrative Clinic Assistant Program OutcomesA career as a Clinical Assistant involves direct patient and physician contact, detailed appointment scheduling, phone work, electronic medical record maintenance and tracking.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of effective team building and customer service in a fast paced electronic work environment.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of word processing, e-mail, and computer systems to perform administrative responsibilities of a Patient Appointment Coordinator, Patient Service Representative or Clinic Assistant
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and body systems to effectively communicate with patients and health care providers
Demonstrate thorough understanding of customer service in a healthcare setting.
Job Market and Salary
The data listed below was provided to RCTC from Mayo Clinic, the average starting salary for the roles are the following:
- Clinical Assistant - $14.64 per hour
- Patient Appointment Coordinator - $14.64 per hour
- Patient Services Representative - $13.89 per hour
Advising and Support:
Last Updated: November 5, 2014