» Accounting Program Home «
Upon completion of the Accounting program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Understand the laws, regulations, and the codes of the accounting profession that are applicable to and have an impact on the business/accounting environment.
- Calculate and interpret accounting uses of mathematics and statistics.
- Use computerized accounting software to analyze, record, and prepare financial statements, payroll tax returns, and other useful managerial accounting reports that follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Apply payroll tax laws to classify contract labor, calculate withholding amounts, and process quarterly and annual payroll tax returns.
- Prepare managerial accounting reports to be used to aid decision-makers within a business.
Last Updated: March 9, 2015