» Accounting Program Home «
Upon completion of the Accounting program at RCTC, students will achieve the following core competencies::
Business Core Competencies:
- CORE#1: Recognize accounting, economic, marketing and business opportunities/challenges and develop strategies to address them.
- CORE#2: Apply critical thinking skills and technology to formulate viable solutions to organizational issues.
- CORE#3: Identify domestic, international, cultural, political, and economic issues present in today's work environment.
- CORE#4: Translate ethical and social responsibility concepts into responsibility concepts into responsible decision-making in a business environment.
- CORE#5: Identify and analyze factors that influence organizational dynamics including teamwork, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Accouting A. S. Lerarning Outcomes
- ACCT#1: Record, analyze, and reprot financial transactions using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other professional accounting standards and laws.
- ACCT#2: Develop and use critical thinking processes to compare detailed expected results to actural reported information.
- ACCT#3: Utilize technology including accounting software, spreadsheets, database, and other accounting information software when reproting financial information.
- ACCT#4: Analyze, Interpret, and reprot financial data and non-financial information to aid decisionmakers within an organizaton.
- ACCT#5: Use clear and concise oral and written communication methods to convey financial and non-finanacial information effectively to different users.