» Alcohol and Drug Counseling Program «
- Students who have questions regarding practicum placements are encouraged to talk with ADC faculty and advisors.
- Students must be admitted to RCTC’s ADC program or certificate.
- Students may not start their practicum until permission has been given to them by their instructor.
- Students must complete all ADC practicum prerequisite guidelines prior to enrolling in practicums. Available on the common course outlines for HS 1770 & HS 1780.
- Students are encouraged to purchase personal liability insurance.
- Students will work under the guidance of a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor or other qualified professional while in their practicums.
- Students must comply with all licensing, college, and internship site policies, statues, rules and regulations while interning or they may be discharged from the program or practicum site.
- Students must pass a MN background check / study prior to starting their practicum.
- MN DHS information on background checks:
- 2014 disqualifying offences:
- Students are required to find their own practicum placement.
- Practicum sites may also conduct additional background checks at a state or federal level which the students must pass.
- Practicum sites usually only take interns whom have similar philosophical theories and lifestyles as their agency.