» Auto Mechanic Program Home «
RCTC’s Auto Mechanic Technician’s Annual Silent Car Auction
Rochester Community and Technical College Advertisement for Bids
The Rochester Community and Technical College will receive bids in the Deans Office, room HWF08, at the Heintz Center until Date/Time for the sale of the vehicles listed below:
List subject to change
All vehicles are sold via sealed bid on an “as-is” basis. Vehicles may be inspected from times and dates, in Room HB124 at the Heintz Center (across from OMC Hospital).
The Rochester Community and Technical College reserves the right to reject any or all bids. Each sealed bid shall carry on the outside of the envelope a notation of “Sale of Vehicles”.
Bids shall be addressed to:
Julie Hager, Heintz Center, Box 60
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30 Avenue SE
Rochester MN 55904
Cash and Carry - No Refunds
The bidding process:
- Vehicles are not returnable. Please bid accordingly.
- You can bid on as many vehicles as you wish as long as you are 18 years old or older.
- After all bids are received, the person with the highest bid on each vehicle will be contacted by phone. Should you place the highest bid or bids you will be contacted and asked if you wish to purchase the vehicle(s). If you say “Yes” you must pay for the vehicle within 3 days or the second person on the list will be contacted and the process will continue. If you place the high bid on more than one vehicle, you may choose to buy any or all of them. If you say “No” the next person will then be contacted. (Example: Mrs. Hartland places the high bid on Car 1, Car 6, and Car 9. She decided to purchase Car 6. The second highest bidders will then be contacted for Car 1 and Car 9). Keeping the example in mind, you can see that it sometimes takes a few weeks to have all the vehicles sold. If you haven’t heard anything within a week or two after the end of the bidding period, you may contact Dave MacLeod at email@example.com or 280-3147.
- All vehicles are sold on an “as-is” basis. RCTC is aware of no major mechanical problems unless noted on the vehicle.
- If you purchase a vehicle, a personal or cashier’s check is preferred. We do not accept credit cards.
What if I get a car?
- All vehicles must be paid within three (3) days of phone call from RCTC.
- Preferred method of payment is a personal or cashier’s check. RCTC accepts no credit cards for the auto sales.
- Buyers must contact Dave MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org or 280-3147 between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to arrange a time to transfer title and pick up vehicle.
- When you arrive at RCTC, you will present payment and be given the title to transfer. As per bidding requirements, the title must be transferred only to the name of the person who makes the bid. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER NAMES ARE ACCEPTABLE TO BE ON THE TITLE.
- After you have transferred the title to your name, you must bring a copy back to RCTC. Then you will be given the keys and your vehicle.
- Cars sold “AS IS”. No warranty.
Last Updated: April 30, 2015