» Auto Mechanic Program Home «
The RCTC Automotive Technology Club and the RCTC Foundation are excited to announce a raffle fundraiser to the establish the Max Gernand Automotive Mechanic Program Scholarship in honor of the retirement of long-time faculty member, Max Gernand.
The grand prize, a 1950 Ford F-1 pickup, was donated to the RCTC Automotive Technology Club in 2006 by Max Gernand. The Automotive Technology Club students restored the truck including overhaul of the original engine, transmission, differential, brakes, frame, as well as a complete restoration of the body and paint. The truck was featured by the 2008 Hot Rod magazine power tour when the tour was at RCTC on day # 6.
- 1st prize - 1950 Ford F-1 pickup ($14,450 value)
- 2nd prize - $500 cash
- 3rd prize - RCA 50" LED HDTV ($359.99 value)
Please visit the site weekly for an updated list of prizes.
- Tickets are $10 each and only 1,200 tickets will be sold.
- The drawing will be held on Saturday, September 19 at 4:45pm during the RCTC Centennial Classic Car show in the East Parking Lot
- Need not be present to win.
- Must be 18 or older to purchase a ticket.
- Winner is responsible for any applicable fees or taxes. (there will be withholding tax for the pickup)
Please help support the RCTC Automotive Mechanic Student Club raffle to raise scholarship funds by purchasing a ticket or donating a raffle prize.
To purchase a ticket or donate a raffle item, contact Dave MacLeod at email@example.com or call (507) 280-3147. Tickets can also be purchased from Julie Hager in HWF08, Heintz Center Dean's Office.