» Auto Mechanic Program Home «
Upon completion of the Auto Mechanic program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Show professional and interpersonal skills including reliability, customer service, teamwork, positive attitude, appearance, working efficiently, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate technical understanding by following a diagnostic procedure, identifying sequence steps to take, and predicting potential outcomes of actions. (Critical thinking)
- Locate and identify applicable safety procedures, OSHA regulations, laws, and potential liability for activities.
- Exhibit knowledge necessary to pass Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Technician certification exam.
- Explain the importance of being a life-long learner within the automotive industry.
- Summarize the importance of personal accountability and its relation to quality of work produced. (personal accountability)
Last Updated: March 3, 2015