» Business Program Home «
Upon completion of the Business program at RCTC, students will achieve the following core competencies:
Business Core Competencies:
- Recognize accounting, economic, marketing and business opportunities/challenges and develop strategies to address them.
- Apply critical thinking skills and technology to formulate viable solutions to organizational issues.
- Identify domestic, international, cultural, political, and economic issues present in today’s work environment.
- Translate ethical and social responsibility concepts into responsible decision-making in a business environment.
- Identify and analyze factors that influence organizational dynamics including teamwork, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Business Administration A.S. Learning Outcomes:
- Understand how business leaders apply economic principles that allocate resources efficiently, mazimize profits, and anticipate responses to strategic planning.
- Analyze and interpret financial data from managerial perspective.
- Apply marketing concepts, pricing, product development, consumer behavior, and distribution channels in designing an effective marketing plan.
- Interpret the American legal system through case law, business law decisions, and process; describe impact on business environment.
- Calculate and interpret business applications of statistics.
Business Management A.A.S. Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the role of managers in organizations including planning, leading, quality management and managing people.
- Interpret the American legal system through case law, business law decisions, and processes; describe impact on business environment.
- Summarize and apply steps in the project management process.
- Analyze and interpret financial data from a managerial perspective.
- Identify current business trends taht affect organizations and shape stakeholder views.
Business Management/Marketing Emphasis A.A.S. Degree Learning Outcomes:
- Apply marketing concepts, pricing, product development, consumer behavior, and distrbution channels in designing an effective marketing plan.
- Demonstrate an effective selling strategy, including knowledge of the customer, the product, the company, suggestive selling, and the competition.
- Identify key e-business concepts needed to create a new business or take an existing business online.
- Explain and create a cohesive promotonal plan.
- Apply fundamental principles of retailing, including merchandizing, management, and consumer behavior.