» Child Development Program Home «
Upon completion of the Child Development program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Use understanding of how children and youth acquire language and develop physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially to promote development and learning.
- Establish an environment that provided learning experiences to meet each child and youth’s needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Use knowledge of content areas to design, implement, and evaluate experiences that promote the development of children and youth.
- Observe, document, and assess children and youth’s capabilities and knowledge in order to provide programs, curriculum, instruction, and support that address their development and learning needs.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with children and youth and guide them as individuals and part of a group.
- Work collaboratively with families and agencies/organization to meet the needs of children and youth.
- Establish and maintain an environment that ensures the health, safety, and nourishment of children and youth.
- Establish, implement, evaluate, and enhance programs for children and youth.
- Serve children, youth, and families through professional and ethical conduct, informed decision-making, organizing and advocacy in the community.