» Community Health Worker «
Upon completion of the Community Health Worker program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Explain the limits of the CHW role.
- Promote health care and social responsibility and demonstrate self-care and personal safety.
- Work as a liaison between provider and client and the client and agencies.
- Employ active listening and interviewing skills to collect and share relevant information.
- Apply appropriate communication strategies and medical terminology for clients with special needs.
- Recognize and demonstrate knowledge of the uniqueness of and resulting implications of the community culture on the health and well-being of clients.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities to work with and within diverse teams.
- Use a data collection and reporting tools to obtain information on health behaviors, safety, and psychosocial issues.
- Use community resources to utilize a variety teaching techniques for healthy living.
- Demonstrate relevant critical thinking to solve problems within the community.
- Recognize the implications of mandatory reporting.