» Clinical Neurophysiology Technology «
Upon completion of the Clinical Neurophysiology Technology program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Know the practical applications of neurodiagnostic testing and know the principles underlying clinical neurophysiology technology, including structure and function of the nervous system, instrumentation, and neurological disorders diagnosed by neurophysiologic techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the modalities of clinical neurophysiology, including electroencephalography, nerve conduction studies, evoked potentials, autonomic testing and polysomnography at a level which will meet requirements for national registry examinations.
- Acquire skills of self-directed learning so as to update their knowledge of clinical neurophysiology after completion of their formal studies.
- Acquire practical skills in electroencephalography, nerve conduction studies, evoked potentials, autonomic testing and polysomnography required to work as a competent clinical neurophysiology technologist and to succeed in national registry examinations. Must take EEG exam Part I prior to graduation, but graduation from the program is not contingent on students passing the EEG exam
- Apply these skills to compassionate, safe and appropriate patient care
- Understand the use of quality improvement techniques to enhance the accuracy and appropriateness of clinical neurophysiology testing
- Understand the role of a clinical neurophysiology technologist as part of a clinical team providing comprehensive care for patients
- Commit to practice according to the ethical principles and legal requirements of the profession of clinical neurophysiology technology and the values of Mayo Clinic
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for diversity in all professional interactions
- Exhibit appropriate and professional skills of interpersonal communication with all patients and other members of the health care team
- Understand the responsibilities of all health care workers to contribute to enhancing the health and welfare of society