» Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Program «
Upon completion of the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Fundamental understanding of the principles underlying the clinical profession of cardiovascular technology.
- Ability to demonstrate a working clinical knowledge of modalities utilized for diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures.
- Ability to articulate the basics of skill acquisition for self-directed learning for continuing education relating to the field of invasive interventional cardiology after successful completion of their formal studies.
- Ability to demonstrate the technical skills in the clinical setting in primary areas of cardiovascular technology practice.
- Ability to demonstrate the basic clinical skills, techniques, and competencies required to practice as a cardiovascular technologist in order to perform and assist with a broad base of diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures.
- Awareness and commitment to practicing according to the clinical standards, ethical principles, and the legal requirements of the profession of cardiovascular technology; and to the values of the Mayo Clinic, and Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
- Demonstrate the awareness of cultural and diversity differences in the workplace as evidenced by the ability to practice in a continuum of diverse health care environments.
- Exemplify appropriate and professional skills of interpersonal communication with all patients and with all other members of the health care team.
- Actively engage in multifaceted roles of an active professional, including technologist, educator, researcher, collaborator, advocate and life-long learner.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of all health care workers to contribute to the enhancement of the health and welfare of society.
Visit Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Career Overview website for information about this program.