» Dental Assistant Program Home «
TWO YEAR DELIVERY OPTIONS – A.A.S. :
Option #1: Dental Assistant Associate of Applied Sciences Degree Program.
64 credits – 2 year delivery - Required sequencing is as follows:
Fall Semester Spring Semester DA 1200: Dental Communications 3 cr DA 1250: Dental Science II 3 cr DA 1210: Dental Science I 3 cr DA 1255: Dental Materials 4 cr DA 1215: Dental Practice Management 2 cr *BIOL 1110: Human Biology 4 cr *English 1117 4 cr *COMM 1114 or 1130 *PSYC 1611 or PSYC 2618 3 or 4 cr Total 15 or 16 cr Total 14 cr
Summer Semester - General Education courses not complete.
Note: All 1st year general education courses must be complete prior to the 2nd year of the program (English, PSYC, Biology & Communication). The Humanities requirement could be completed in the 1st year or Fall semester of the 2nd year.
Fall Semester Spring Semester Summer Semester DA 1220: Chairside Assisting I 6 cr DA 1260: Chairside Assisting II 4 cr DA 1270: Expanded Functions II 1 cr DA 1225: Dental Infection Control 2 cr DA 1265: Expanded Functions I 7 cr DA 1280: Dental Assisting Internship 7 cr DA 1230: Preventive Dentistry 2 cr DS 1300: Dental Radiology 3 cr *Humanities 3 cr Total 13 cr Total 14 cr Total 8 cr
Pre-Admission Criteria for Options #1:
- Diploma from high school/GED. (Applicants in their senior year of high school may be given provisional acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program if they are on track to graduate and meet Pre-Admission criteria #2-4. Final acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program will be awarded upon submission of proof of high school graduation).
- Earned a “2.5” GPA or better from high school or college.
- Earned a “C” letter grade or better in high school Biology or college Biology (BIOL 1101 or its transfer equivalent).
- Apply to RCTC and declare Dental Assisting as your major.
Complete the following two (2) applications and return them to RCTC Admissions and Records:
- RCTC General Application: www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/applicationform.html
- Dental Assistant Program Application (after September 1st):
Students must place into College level Reading and English on the ASAP Placement test (or its equivalent).
*To view publications in PDF format, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the FREE browser plug-in