» Dental Assistant Program Home «
ONE YEAR DELIVERY OPTIONS – Diploma:
One year delivery is very fast-paced and requires the student to be very focused, self-motivated and organized. Due to the rigor of the heavy credit load in the one year option, the student should not plan to work outside of school during the week and/or have limited work hours on weekends in order to have adequate time to achieve success in the program.
Option #3: Dental Assistant Diploma Program.Note: Options #3 and #4 have the same sequencing and pre-admission criteria.
47 Credits – 1 Year Option – Required sequencing listed below.
One Full Year
DA 1200: Dental Communications 3 cr DA 1210: Dental Science I 3 cr DA 1215: Dental Practice Management 2 cr DA 1220: Chairside Assisting I 6 cr DA 1225: Dental Infection Control 2 cr DA 1230: Preventive Dentistry 2 cr Total 18 cr
DA 1250: Dental Science II 3 cr DA 1255: Dental Materials 4 cr DA 1260: Chairside Assisting II 4 cr DA 1265: Expanded Functions I 7 cr DS 1300: Dental Radiology 3 cr Total 21 cr
DA 1270: Expanded Functions II 1 cr DA 1280: Dental Assisting Internship 7 cr Total 8 cr
Pre-Admission Criteria for Option #3:
- Diploma from high school/GED. (Applicants in their senior year of high school may be given provisional acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program if they are on track to graduate and meet Pre-Admission criteria #2-4. Final acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program will be awarded upon submission of proof of high school graduation).
- Earned a “B-” letter grade or better in high school Biology or college Biology (BIOL 1101 or its transfer equivalent).
- Earned a “2.75 GPA or better from high school or college.
- Apply to RCTC and declare Dental Assisting as your major.
Complete the following two (2) applications and return them to RCTC Admissions and Records:
- RCTC General Application: www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/applicationform.html
- Dental Assistant Program Application (after September 1st)
Students must place into College level Reading and English on the ASAP Placement test (or its equivalent).