» Health Information Technology Program Home «
Upon completion of the Health Information Technology program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of the electronic health record including intranet and internet applications as defined by organizational policy, accreditation, licensure, and external regulations and standards.
- Apply legal principles, policies, regulations and standards to protect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information.
- Code, classify, and index diagnoses and procedures for the purpose of reimbursement, standardization, retrieval and statistical analysis.
- Utilize principles of supervision and the tools used to effectively manage human resources, financials, and critical thinking.
- Apply techniques and tools for quality management and performance improvement including risk, utilization, and case management requirements.
- Demonstrate practical application of theories learned, including the ability to value self and work ethically with others in a diverse population, during the Professional Practice Experience.
Last Updated: March 10, 2015