» Health Unit Coordinator Program «
Health Unit Coordinator Highlights
Join the Health Care Team
Be a Health Unit Coordinator
Choose an exciting career as an Allied Health Care Professional that offers good benefits and an excellent starting salary.
- Transcribing physicians orders
- Maintaining patients' charts
- Ordering and maintaining supplies
- Requisitioning daily labs
- Coordinating unit activity
- Extensive computer work
- Communicating with all levels of staff
- Receptionist duties
- Scheduling diagnostic tests
- Phone communications
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prioritization skills
- The ability to work well under stress
- Keyboarding aptitude
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- The ability to be a team player
- Work with or without supervision
Candidates should possess:
The Health Unit Coordinator Program at Rochester Community and Technical Program is a 25- credit Certificate program. Flexible scheduling of required courses create various options for completing the Health Unit Coordinator Program. Students may complete the program on a full-time or part-time basis.
A dedicated classroom atmosphere offers hands-on experiences and individual instruction that provides students with current skills used in the Health Unit Coordinator Profession.
Graduates receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to take a National Certification Exam if desired. National certification is optional but may be required by some hiring facilities.
Financial Aid and local sponsored scholarship programs are available for qualified individuals.
For students successfully completing the program, numerous job opportunities are available. Immediate employment may be found at area hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other health care facilities. Full-time and part-time employment opportunities are available. The salary range is between $10.00 and $14.50.