» Health Unit Coordinator Program «
Upon completion of the Health Unit Coordinator program at RCTC, students achieve the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to function effectively as a non-clinical member of the health care team.
- Choose appropriate medical language to communicate with co-workers and ancillary staff.
- Demonstrate effective overall communication and listening skills in interactions with a diverse patient population.
- Demonstrate responsible and confidential communications as required in health care practice.
- Apply critical thinking skills within their scope of practice and in coordination with team members to foster good patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate responsibilities in maintaining the patient electronic medical records.
- Demonstrate computer use of order entry and data retrieval.
- Determine an active role in supply and equipment management necessary to support quality patient care.