» Health Unit Coordinator Program «
Upon completion of the Health Unit Coordinator program at RCTC, student achieve the following outcomes:
- Function effectively as a non-clinical member of the health care team.
- Use appropriate medical language to communicate with co-workers and ancillary staff.
- Use effective written and oral communication and listening skills in interactions with a diverse patient population.
- Practice responsible and confidential communications as required in health care practice.
- Receive and coordinate telephone calls properly, according to hospital procedure, and in compliance with confidentiality statutes and procedures.
- Release information according to the legal guidelines and facility policy.
- Perform duties safely and effectively within their scope of practice
- Apply problem solving and critical thinking skills within their scope of practice and in coordination with team members to foster good patient outcomes.
- Coordinate physician orders for the patient between the physician, nursing staff and other hospital departments.
- Demonstrate responsibilities in maintaining the patient electronic medical records.
- Demonstrate computer use of order entry and data retrieval.
- Take an active role in supply and equipment management necessary to support quality patient care.