» Law Enforcement Program Home «
The RCTC Law Enforcement program provides education and training for law enforcement careers
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Ethics in Law Enforcement
- Introduction to Criminal Investigation
- Human Behavior for Law Enforcement
- Criminal Procedures
- Police Report Writing
- Minnesota Criminal Statutes
- Minnesota Traffic Statutes
- Juvenile Law & Procedures
- Human Behavior
- Basic Firearms
- Traffic Enforcement
- Defensive Tactics
Students learning process
- Students will not only learn the class room theory of Law Enforcement, but will then take that knowledge and put it to practical use during the LAWE Skills program.
- During the Skill program, students
will be required to demonstrate fundamental skills in:
- Emergency vehicle operation
- Crime scene processing
- Traffic enforcement
- Misdemeanor offences
- Gross Misdemeanor offenses
- Felony offences
- Accident investigation
- Team dynamics for Law enforcement
- Building searches
- Active shooter response training
- Defensive tactics
- To gain knowledge and skills relevant to today’s law enforcement standards and practices.
- Learn and understand terminology used in the Law Enforcement field.
- To prepare the individual for completing and passing the POST License examination.
- Gain the confidence to seek employment in the Law Enforcement field.
Last Updated: October 7, 2014