» Medical Secretary / Transcriptionist Home «
Upon completion of the Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to proofread and correctly transcribe healthcare documents.
- Apply appropriate terminology in the area of pharmacology, pathophysiology, anatomy, and physiology in medical documents.
- Use correct English language and the proper rules of grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Demonstrate the administrative functions, operations, and dynamics of healthcare work environments in the role of a medical secretary or medical transcriptionist.
- Utilize critical thinking and editing skills in all areas of curriculum.
- Exhibit professional oral and written communication.
- Apply the values of professional and ethical conduct.
Last Updated: June 1, 2015