» Music Programs «
Upon completion of the Music program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Read and write musical notation, demonstrate mastery of performance on their primary instrument, and demonstrate an understanding of the historical significance of the music of study.
- Demonstrate a functional competency on the student’s primary instrument.
- Demonstrate an understanding of historical context of music from diverse time periods.
- Perform music as a soloist, and as a contributing member of a large and small ensemble, and demonstrate the ability to prepare all aspects of performance.
Upon completion of the Music Technology program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Create original music and media compositions through the use of contemporary tools.
- Operate contemporary equipment for both live and studio settings incorporating musical concepts.