» Music Programs «
|Digital Arts - Music Technology||AS||60|
|Digital Arts - Music Technology||Cert||24|
|Music Education Instrumental/General K-12||AFA||60|
|Music Education Vocal/General K-12||AFA||60|
The RCTC music department offers courses to all majors. We have two primary goals in our music offerings.
First, and foremost, RCTC music department offers courses in music for a liberal arts education for all students. We believe that a strong liberal arts education, no matter your major, will enhance your goal toward life-long learning and that the arts in general will continue to develop and expand your personal creativity and synthesis of personal expression.
Second, the goal of the music department is to offer courses in preparation to those students who intend to major or minor in music. We offer four different music degrees and a certificate. There are three Associate of Fine Arts degrees and one Associate of Science degree.
All of our music degrees are 60 credits in length and divided into two general categories.
- General education courses which are comprised of:
- written and oral communications;
- natural sciences;
- history and social behavioral sciences; and
- the humanities. This segment of the degree is approximately 30 credits.
- The remaining credits are under the "professional related" courses. These courses vary depending upon your area of emphasis but include:
- music theory,
- music history,
- small and large ensemble,
- and private instrument study.
Last Updated: July 11, 2014