» Nursing Assistant Program Home «
Upon completion of the Nursing Assistant program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of the hospital nursing assistant role and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the infection control practices of standard precautions and isolation procedures.
- Describe common diseases and conditions in the hospitalized patient population.
- Demonstrate accurate measurement of vital signs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Perform personal care skills within the NA scope of practice and within safe standards of care.
- Perform technical care skills within the NA scope of practice and within safe standards of care.
- Demonstrate ability to record and report information and data accurately.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills related to patient care.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
The students are evaluated each clinical experience by the PCA or RN they are working with regarding these outcomes. These evaluations are collected upon completion of each of the four (4) clinical experiences. Students may submit these with their employment applications to Mayo Clinic when applying for positions.