» Nursing (AD) Program «
Implementation of the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
All students interested in applying to the Associate Degree Nursing Program between July 15 and September 15, 2017 will be required to take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to determine eligibility for application to the Spring 2018 Program.
- This Test will be offered at RCTC beginning Spring 2017, please check back for test dates and locations.
- TEAS test needs to be completed by the application deadline date.
- Students will only be allowed to take the test twice in a twelve month period and the best score will be used for ranking purposes. The score will be valid for two years.
New Program Admission Requirements for Spring 2018
- The combined total TEAS composite score and raw science GPA will be utilized to rank applicants.
- TEAS composite score divided by a factor of 10 (Ex: Composite score of 72% = 7.2). TEAS scores are valid for two years.
- Raw science GPA of 2.5 Raw science GPA includes all attempts of science courses required for the ADN program, including transfer credits (BIOL 1217, BIOL 1218, BIOL 2021, and CHEM 1117).
- In the event of a tied combined total TEAS composite score and raw science GPA, the applicant with the highest TEAS science sub-score will advance in rank. If a further tie exists, the applicant with the highest TEAS math sub-score will advance in rank.
- Applications of students not accepted
into the program each round will not be retained. If a student chooses to reapply, the student must resubmit the entire application for the next admission
cycle (TEAS scores are valid for two years.)
Raw Science GPA
3.75 – 4.00 = 11
3.50 – 3.74 = 9
3.25 – 3.49 = 7
3.00 – 3.24 = 5
2.75 – 2.99 = 3
2.50 – 2.74 = 1
Any questions regarding the Program Admission Requirements can be directed to Jennifer Dahle, Academic Advisor, via email Jennifer.Dahle@rctc.edu
- Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 9:00 AM-10:00 AM - CF 202
- Friday, November 18, 2016 - 3:00 PM-4:00 PM - HS 128
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 1:00 PM-2:00 PM - HS 128
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:30 PM-4:30 PM - HS 128
Qualities of a Nurse
- Uphold professional standards and behaviors
- Able to think critically and act responsively
- Work well with patients, physicians, and other health professionals
- Possess good communication skills, i.e. listening, teaching, documenting
- Possess problem solving skills
- Be caring and empathetic
- Able to work varied hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Have respect for confidentiality
- Possess manual dexterity, visual acuity, physical strength, and endurance
- Have a neat, well-groomed appearance
Continued Nursing Education
Nursing Education may be completed in Rochester from completion programs offered at Augsburg College, St. Scholastica, Viterbo University, and Winona State University - Rochester. Links to Baccalaureate Programs Offered in Rochester: