» Nursing (AD) Program «
The deadline for Spring 2016 applications has closed. The application portal will reopen December 1st for the Fall 2016 Associate Degree Nursing and LPN to ADN Mobility programs.
You must have an active admission status at RCTC to apply and be considered for admission to the nursing programs. This includes submitting official high school and college transcripts (if any) for evaluation. The Online Application (found at http://www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/application_form.html) should be used if:
- You are applying as a new student.
- It has been more than one year since taking classes at RCTC.
- You have previously applied for admission to RCTC but did not register for or attend classes.
Nursing Program prerequisites are listed on the links to the applications below or directly on the application form. Interested students are strongly encouraged to seek academic advisement to ensure that all prerequisites are completed.
Nursing Program Admissions Requirements:
Students offered a seat in the Nursing Program will be required to:
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Orientation. The Program Offer letter will identify the sessions and times available.
- Pay a $300 deposit to hold their seat in the Nursing Program. The deposit is applied toward the first semester tuition and is refundable if application is withdrawn in writing up to 30 days before the semester begins.
- Be current and remain up-to-date in vaccinations as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A list of requirements and necessary forms are provided to students offered a seat in the program.
- Receive clearance from the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Background Studies Unit, to provide services in facilities licensed by the State. Students will also be required to submit a criminal background check upon acceptance to the program. (Information is provided during orientation.)
- To obtain and remain current with CPR for the Professional Rescuer/Health Care Provider.
Scholarships are available for qualifying students.