» Nursing (AD) Program «
Nursing Program Requirements and Application
- High school diploma or GED
- Nursing Assistant Course (NA 1500 or equivalent) - Proof of course or active status on the MN Registry must be provided at time of application or application will be invalid. If you are on the MN Registry, please provide letter showing 'active status' dated within 60 days of application deadline. See website - https://apps.health.state.mn.us/nar/narMain
- Cumulative GPA 2.5 or above - calculated from all college credits over the past 5 years.
- Grade of C or better in a full year of high school or one semester of college in the following courses:
- Biology with a lab component within the last 5 years
- Chemistry with a lab component within the last 5 years
- Demonstrated college level reading and writing skills required (*)
- Grade of C or better in Elementary Algebra (Math 0094 or equivalent) (*)
- ATI TEAS exam - electronic copy dated within 2 years of application
* Please call the Welcome Center at (507) 285-7557 for further information on academic assessments.
ADMISSION POINT STRUCTURE:
ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
All students interested in applying to the Associate Degree Nursing Program are required to take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to determine admission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- This test is offered at RCTC in the Proctoring Center 1-2 times each month - please sign up early to ensure a spot before the application deadline.
- Students will only be allowed to take the test twice per year and the best score will be used for ranking purposes. The score will be valid for two years.
- Only official electronic TEAS copies will be accepted, no paper copies.
Click here to Create an Account with ATI and view testing dates at RCTC.
Current RCTC students with approved accommodations through Disability Support Services should register for the TEAS test through the Disability Support Services Office. Once a testing appointment has been made, students may pay the testing fee at the Cashier’s Office. The TEAS test materials will only be ordered once receipt of payment is received and Disability Support Services is notified.Non-RCTC students needing accommodations for TEAS testing must go through their home institution for accommodations, not through RCTC.
Program Admission Structure
- The combined total TEAS composite score and raw science GPA will be utilized to rank applicants.
- TEAS composite score divided by a factor of 10 (Ex: Composite score of 72% = 7.2). TEAS scores are valid for two years.
- Raw science GPA of 2.5 Raw science GPA includes all attempts of science courses required for the ADN program, including transfer credits (BIOL 1217, BIOL 1218, BIOL 2021, and CHEM 1117).
- In the event of a tied combined total TEAS composite score and raw science GPA, the applicant with the highest TEAS science sub-score will advance in rank. If a further tie exists, the applicant with the highest TEAS math sub-score will advance in rank.
- Applications of students not accepted into the program each round will not be retained. If a student chooses to reapply, the student must resubmit the entire application for the next admission cycle (TEAS scores are valid for two years.)
Raw Science GPA
3.75 – 4.00 = 11
3.50 – 3.74 = 9
3.25 – 3.49 = 7
3.00 – 3.24 = 5
2.75 – 2.99 = 3
2.50 – 2.74 = 1
If you have additional questions, please check out the FAQ's here or questions regarding the Program Admission Requirements can be directed to Jennifer Dahle, Academic Advisor, via email Jennifer.Dahle@rctc.edu
- Submit final official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and, if needed, high school. Your most current final official transcripts need to be on file at RCTC prior to the admission deadline.
- If a course is questionable, ALWAYS submit a Transfer Credit Equivalency Request available at http://www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/student_forms.html .
If necessary, submit placement test results from other colleges.
- If your major is something other than Associate Degree Nursing, your transfer evaluation will NOT be correct. You may request, at Admissions, to have your major changed and your transcripts re-evaluated for Nursing.
Only OFFICIAL transcripts will be considered.
Please request that the high school or college(s) mail the transcript(s) directly to Admissions and Records at RCTC.
If delivered by you, final official transcript(s) MUST be sealed in an envelope from each school.
Evaluation of credits is based on receipt of official transcript(s) and is done automatically. Upon completion, a Degree Audit Report (DARS) link will be e-mailed to you. Please allow 4 weeks from the date we receive your official transcript(s).
If you have transcripts from within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, etranscripts can be pulled by RCTC Admissions and Records staff. Transcripts outside the United States MUST be officially evaluated by www.ece.org or www.wes.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR
Rochester Community and Technical College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunities. No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities. Applicants having special needs which require accommodations should contact the Director of Disability Services at (507) 280-2968.