» Nursing (AD) Program «
RCTC’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, in Atlanta, Georgia 30326 (http://www.acenursing.org/), and has been accredited since its inception.
The ADN program has two cohorts of students, one cohort for the generic track that enrolls sixty (60) students each Fall and Spring semester and a second cohort of ten (10) LPN mobility students who begin in the second semester of the AD program. The LPN mobility students are licensed LPN’s and receive credit for the first semester, N1117: Fundamentals of Nursing. Upon graduation, both cohorts have an associate in science or AS degree in nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Upon completion of the Associate Degree Nursing Program, students will be able to:
- Practice within the ethical and legal framework of the nursing profession. (Professionalism)
- Identify individual learning goals to promote life-long learning for personal and professional development within a changing healthcare environment. (Professionalism)
- Integrate evidence-based knowledge, clinical reasoning, and the nursing process to formulate safe nursing judgments when providing quality care. (Critical Thinking)
- Demonstrate an attitude of positive regard, respect for diversity, empathy, and integrity when
- providing relationship centered care. (Caring)
- Collaborate with the patient, family, and health care team utilizing evidence-based health
- information/informatics to achieve quality outcomes. (Collaboration)
- Perform nursing interventions safely for individuals and families in a variety of settings.
- (Nursing Interventions)
RCTC is proud of our student’s achievements and maintain a continuous improvement plan for continued student success. The following table demonstrates the outcome data for the ADN program and the LPN mobility track.
|NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rates||87.23%||89.47%||91.67%|
|Program Completion||73%||Available May 2018||Available May 2019|
|Job Placement (aggregated)||87%||90%||80%|
|LPN Mobility Outcomes||2014||2015||2016|
|NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rates||87%||82%||60%|
|Program Completion||64%||Available Fall 2017||Available Fall 2018|