» Nursing (AD) Program «
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Rochester Community and Technical College Associate Degree Nursing Program, the graduate will:
- Practice within the ethical and legal framework of the nursing profession. (Professionalism)
- Identify individual learning goals to promote life-long learning for personal and professional development within a changing healthcare environment. (Professionalism)
- Integrate evidence-based knowledge, clinical reasoning and the nursing process to formulate safe nursing judgments when providing quality care. (Critical Thinking)
- Demonstrate an attitude of positive regard, respect for diversity, empathy and integrity when providing relationship centered care. (Caring)
- Collaborate with the patient, family and health care team utilizing evidence-based health information/informatics to achieve quality outcomes. (Collaboration)
- Perform nursing interventions safely for individuals and families in a variety of settings. (Nursing Interventions)
The Nursing Program outcomes will be achieved at the stated level and the Nursing Department will collect objective data to document the level of success.
- 85% of graduates will pass NCLEX-RN the first time at or above the national mean, based on Minnesota Board of Nursing Annual Report for first-time NCLEX-RN candidates.
- 70% of students will graduate within 1.5 times the program length of four (4) semesters.
- 80% of graduates will rate program satisfaction as “Satisfied” or “Very Satisfied”.
- 85% of graduates will gain employment in nursing within six (6) months.