» Practical Nursing «
A good place to start learning about RCTC Nursing Programs is by attending an information session. No sign up or registration required and the sessions are open to the public.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:30 PM-4:30 PM - HS 128
New Program Admission Requirements for Fall 2018:
All students interested in applying to the Practical Nursing Diploma Program between March 15 - May 15, 2018 for the Fall 2018 program will be required to take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to determine eligibility for application.
- This exam is offered at RCTC.
- TEAS test needs to be completed by the application deadline date.
- Students will only be allowed to take the test twice in a twelve month period and the best score will be used for ranking purposes. The score will be valid for two years.
- The combined total TEAS composite score and cumulative GPA will be utilized to rank applicants.
- TEAS composite score divided by a factor of 10 (Ex: Composite score of 72% = 7.2). TEAS scores are valid for two years.
- Cumulative GPA - all grades from all institutions from the previous 5 years will be included in calculation.
- In the event of a tied combined total TEAS composite score and GPA, the applicant with the highest TEAS science sub-score will advance in rank. If a further tie exists, the applicant with the highest TEAS English sub-score will advance in rank.
- Applications of students not accepted into the program each round will not be retained. If a student chooses to reapply, the student must resubmit the entire application for the next admission cycle (TEAS scores are valid for two years.)
3.75 - 4.00 = 24
3.50 - 3.74 = 21
3.25 - 2.49 = 18
3.00 - 3.24 = 15
2.75 - 2.99 = 12
2.50 - 2.74 = 9
2.25 - 2.49 = 6
2.00 - 2.24 = 3
To set-up an account with ATI and register for the TEAS exam at RCTC click Here
Additional questions regarding the Program Admission Requirements can be directed to Jennifer Dahle, Academic Advisor, via email Jennifer.Dahle@rctc.edu