» Practical Nursing «
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Demonstrated college level reading and writing skills required. (**)
- Elementary Algebra (Math 0098) with a "C" or better or equivalent.
** Please call the Welcome Center at (507) 285-7557 for further information on academic assessments. (Students may need to complete developmental courses in Math and English if Academic Skills Assessment Program (ACCUPLACER) scores are below recommended level).
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant course (NA 1500) or equivalent.
- Health 1110 or equivalent CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healtcare Provider.
Application to the Practical Nursing Program:
- Meet college admission requirements.
- Complete RCTC Practical Nursing application form.
- Submit official transcripts from high school and college (if any) for evaluation.
- Seek academic advisement to ensure that all prerequisites are completed.
Applications received by June 15th with completed prerequisites on file will be given first consideration. Should there be more qualified applicants than are spaces available, students will be admitted according to their point total.
Admission: Admitted students will be required:
- To attend a mandatory Nursing Orientation. Nursing acceptance letter will identify the sessions and times available.
- To purchase Nursing Liability insurance as an attached fee each semester.
- To submit completed health forms, physical exam, immunizations, hepatitis, annual mantoux and health insurance documentation (the required forms will be included with offer letters).
- To complete a State of Minnesota Background Study and a national criminal background check (information is provided during the mandatory Nursing Orientation)
- To obtain and remain current with CPR for the Professional Rescuer/ Health Care Provider.
Last Updated: July 11, 2014