» Practical Nursing «
The application for the Fall 2015 Practical Nursing Diploma Program will be available April 1, 2015.
Applications received between April 1 and June 1, 2015 will be evaluated and considered.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 (grades from the past 5 years are considered)
- Demonstrated college level reading and writing skills required. (**)
- Elementary Algebra (Math 0098) with a "C" or better or equivalent. (**)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant course (NA 1500) or equivalent.
- Health 1110 or equivalent CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider.
**Please call the Welcome Center at (507) 285-7557 for further information on academic assessments. (Students may need to complete developmental courses in Math and English if Academic Skills Assessment Program (ACCUPLACER) scores are below recommended level).
Application to the Practical Nursing Program:
- Meet college admission requirements.
- Complete RCTC Practical Nursing application form.
- Submit official transcripts from high school and college (if any) for evaluation.
- Seek academic advisement to ensure that all prerequisites are completed.
Admitted students will be required:
- To attend a mandatory Nursing Orientation. Nursing acceptance letter will identify the sessions and times available.
- To submit completed health forms, physical exam, immunizations, hepatitis, annual Mantoux and health insurance documentation (the required forms will be included with offer letters).
- To complete a State of Minnesota Background Study and a national criminal background check (information is provided during the mandatory Nursing Orientation)
- To obtain and remain current with CPR for the Professional Rescuer/Healthcare Provider. Training must be received in a face-to-face format, online certification is not acceptable.
Last Updated: December 5, 2014