» Practical Nursing «
RCTC’s Practical Nursing (PN) program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, in Atlanta, Georgia 30326 (http://www.acenursing.org/), and has been accredited since its inception.
The PN program admits forty (40) students each fall for the ten (10) month program. The students graduate with a diploma in practical nursing and are prepared to take the NCLEX-PN exam by the NCSBN.
Upon completion of the Practice Nursing program, students will be able to:
- Cultivate accountability, integrity, and responsibility for ongoing professional growth in nursing
- practice as a valid member of the health care team (Professionalism).
- Practice within the ethical and legal framework for the practical nurse (Professionalism).
- Identify the rationale for clinical decisions by integrating evidence based knowledge and practice to
- the nursing process to provide safe nursing care across the life span(Critical Thinking)
- Develop caring relationships with respect for human dignity and diversity (Caring).
- Collaborate with patient, family, and the health team using evidenced based knowledge and practice
- to achieve quality patient centered outcomes (Collaboration).
- Safely implement nursing interventions based on the need for health promotion, health
- maintenance, health restoration, and end of life care within the scope of the practical nurse (Nursing
RCTC is proud of our student’s achievements and maintain a continuous improvement plan for continued student success. The following table demonstrates the outcome data for the Practical Nursing Program.
|NCLEX-LPN First Time Pass Rates||96.67%||91.84%||90.32%|
|Program Completion||78%||62%||Available summer 2018|