» Personal Trainer / Group Fitness Programs «
Upon completion of the Personal Trainer/Group Fitness program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Describe the characteristics, structure, and function of human anatomy as well as the cardiovascular, respiratory, and energy systems.
- Demonstrate effective, professional communication skills, both written and oral, and apply these skills when interviewing, assessing, setting goals with, and motivating clients.
- Apply critical thinking skills when developing individualized fitness prescriptions for clients based on client personalities, abilities, goals and motivations.
- Demonstrate the ability to design safe, individualized fitness programs including dietary recommendations to meet specific goals and needs of clients.
- Describe methods for preventing fitness related injuries as well as recognize, evaluate, treat and effectively rehabilitate injuries.
- Describe the characteristics, structure, and function of all components of anatomy, cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and energy systems of the human body.
- Demonstrate effective, professional communication skills, both oral and written, and apply these skills to interact with clients to assure clarity in the delivery and optimal understanding of material utilized in a fitness class setting to create a positive, motivating and successful environment.
- The ability to choreograph, develop, cue, and transition fitness activities throughout a specific fitness setting, while incorporating a balance of health-related and skill-related components into any fitness course.
- Identify the many certification tools available throughout the fitness industry for continued improvement, re-certification and expansion with industry trends.
- Describe the legal aspects of general liability and negligence, music licensing and copyright laws as they relate to the fitness industry.