» Veterinary Technician «
Upon completion of the Veterinary Technician program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Safely and effectively administer prescribed drugs to patients.
- Accurately dispense and explain prescribed drugs to clients.
- Demonstrate and perform patient assessment techniques in a variety of animal species.
- Understand and demonstrate husbandry, nutrition, therapeutic and dentistry techniques appropriate to various animal species.
- Safely and effectively manage patients in all phases of anesthetic procedures.
- Safely and effectively select, utilize and maintain anesthetic delivery and monitoring instruments and equipment.
- Understand and integrate all aspects of patient management for common surgical procedures in a variety of animal species.