Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program continues to grow at RCTC!
Once again this semester the Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program is extremely popular at Rochester Community and Technical College. In fact, most years since 2000 have seen growth in the PSEO program here at RCTC. This Fall Semester 2014 there are 450 PSEO students from 37 different high schools experiencing college at RCTC. Among those 450 students there are 73 Home School students.
Yes! Home School students can meet the eligibility requirements to attend RCTC under the PSEO umbrella! Home schooling families can recapture some of their own tax dollars by choosing to participate in the PSEO for their junior and/or senior high school years. Perhaps more importantly, our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art sciences labs and computer labs allowing for an expanded opportunity for curriculum in the natural sciences, advanced mathematics, and computer sciences to name a few.
Check out all our course offerings at http://www.rctc.edu/catalog
Students may enroll part time or full time in the program. They may complete one course or an entire degree. Past Home School students have earned Associate of Arts degrees while completing their junior and senior high school years at RCTC utilizing the PSEO. The Associate of Arts degree is intended to complete the first two years of a baccalaureate degree.
PSEO students have their tuition, health service fee, technology fee, student government fee, all required textbooks, and even some approved supplies taken care of, financially, by the program!
Eligible Minnesota Home School juniors and seniors who wish to enroll under this program must submit the entire RCTC PSEO information/application packet with a transcript of high school/Home School credits (with grades assigned) completed to date. Most forms within this application packet require the high school counselor’s endorsement (Home School parent in this case) as well as the parent signature before admission will be considered. A student may not be eligible for any college program that requires completion of a high school diploma or GED for entrance.
- Prior to admission, all PSEO applicants are required to successfully complete the ACCUPLACER.
- Part-time participants may enroll in a maximum of 11 credits in a given semester and be enrolled as a part-time student at their high school/home school.
- Full-time participants must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 18 credits.
- There are two options in which a PSEO student may enroll: Option A (Junior and Senior students enrolling in A.A. and A.S. degree program courses). Option B (Senior students enrolling in certificate, diploma, or A.A.S. programs or courses).
- Each option has its own entrance criteria as follows:
- Option A: Seniors must have a 2.5 or higher overall grade point average. Juniors must have a 3.0 or higher overall grade point average.
- Option B: Seniors ONLY. No specific high school grade point average is required.
The RCTC PSEO Information/Application Packet is available:
Dale Amy, Director of High School Collaborations
Brooke Kosok, PSEO Academic Advisor