» Student Services index «
H1N1 (Swine) Flu
For the most up-to-date information on the H1N1 flu, visit:
- U.S. Center for Disease Control:
MN Dept. of Health:
Olmsted Co. Public Health Services:
- Flu Essentials: What You Need to Know (fact sheets in 7 languages)
Symptoms of H1N1 Flu:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Sore Throat
- Body Aches
If you have symptoms of the H1N1 Flu:
- Call your healthcare provider or Student Health Services (507-285-7261) for medical information and instructions on how to best take care of you and for instructions on scheduling an appointment, if necessary.
- Stay home until you are fever-free for at least 24 hours, without using fever-reducing medication.
- To protect yourself from the H1N1 flu, follow these precautions:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has symptoms of H1N1 flu.
- If you are sick, stay home from work and/or school. Call your healthcare provider for further instructions.